Precision Sheet Metal Parts
About Precision Sheet Metal Parts
It is broadly divided into steel and non-ferrous metal.
- Steel plate
- SS material (SS400 is the mainstream): A type of hot-rolled steel sheet. Since it is a material that easily rusts, it needs to be protected by surface treatment such as plating, painting, and black dyeing.
- SPHC-P (pickled material): Also called pickled steel sheet, it removes the oxide film adhering to the surface of hot rolled steel sheet.
- SPCC (polishing material): A type of cold-rolled steel sheet. It is made by further cold rolling a hot rolled steel sheet.
- SECC (bonded steel sheet): An electro-galvanized steel sheet. It is a cold-rolled steel sheet plated with electronics. The average plating film thickness is approximately 2 to 25 µm.
- SGCC (galvanized iron): Hot-dip galvanized steel sheet. Hot-dip galvanized cold-rolled steel sheet. The average plating film thickness is about 50-100 µm.
- Stainless steel sheet: Stainless steel is a material with excellent mechanical properties, fire resistance, low-temperature characteristics, toughness, workability, etc., including corrosion resistance.
- Aluminum: An aluminum alloy contains aluminum as the main component.
- Copper: Copper has excellent mechanical properties, corrosion resistance, heat transfer and conductivity, but it is expensive.
Uses Of Sheet Metal Materials
- SECC: Indoors are used for machine parts, machine covers (control panels), interior parts, lighting equipment, and outdoors are used for building materials and transportation equipment.
- SGCC (galvanized steel): Due to its high rust prevention performance, it is used outdoors for vending machines, air conditioning, ventilators, etc.
- SPHC-P (pickling material): There are many housings for electrical equipment and parts for automobiles.
- SPCC (polishing material): Since it is used as a material for thin parts, it is widely used for thin steel covers, covers for home appliances, and electrical boxes.
Types Of Sheet Metal Parts Fabrication
- Cutting/laser processing
Cutting processing is cutting square pipes and angle materials to the specified dimensions in the engineering drawing by laser.
Punching is the process of punching the material according to the die. We mainly use a machine called turret punch press.
- Tapping and Burring
Tapping is for making the threads in the metal sheet. Burring is for making tubes of threading, and screws can match it. This processing is mainly for making the hole with threads.
Expand and bevel the rim of the hole. Expand and bevel the rim of the hole. The surface looks very flush after inserting the screw, nail, or bolt.
Forming sheet metal is done by bending a metal plate (sheet metal) with two upper and lower dies. There are V-bending, L-bending, Z-bending, etc. We mainly use a machine called a press brake to bend.
- Roll processing
This is the process of rolling a metal material into a cylinder using multiple rollers.
Welding is melting the joints of two or more members with heat and joining them together. Welding types include CO2, argon, and automatic fibre laser welding.
Welded parts and uneven parts generated by welding can be smoothed and flattened using an appropriate polishing machine or finishing tools such as sanders, grinders, precision files, sandpaper, etc. Besides, we also remove weld burn marks generated during welding.
- Surface Treatment
Surface treatment is performed after the sheet metal product is welded. We perform processes such as powder coating, plating, and silk printing. The purpose is to prevent rust and to decorate.
Common Sheet Metal Enclosure Applications
- Plastic injection machine
- Machine Tools
- Power distribution box
- Automated Optical Inspection Equipment (AOI)
- FPD manufacturing device
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Solar cell manufacturing equipment
- Fully automatic exposure equipment
- Cleanroom for equipment manufacturing
- Medical equipment
- Server / Communication Equipment Rack
Sheet Metal Fabrication Features
One-stop sheet metal processing in-house
- Powder Coating
- Trivalent Chromium White Zinc
- Yellow Zinc Plated
- Black Zinc Plated
- Electroless Nickel Plating
- Black Oxide
- Hot Dip Galvanizing
- Hard Chrome Plating
- Liquid Coating
- Electric Black
- Screen printing
- Laser engraving
- Laser Cutting
- Surface Treatment