Sheet Metal Bending
The second step : Sheet Metal Bending Processing
The second step in sheet metal processing involves forming by bending and using an upper and lower mould to press the workpieces.
The bending process in BLIKSEN will be divided into manual processing and mechanical arm processing.
The workpiece will be manufactured using a mechanical arm to achieve consistent product quality for large quantities and high volume repeat orders for specific items.
The operator processes the small-volume production of a wide range of different items, workpieces, or customized workpieces requiring specialist skills and experience.
What is sheet metal bending?
The bending process is a segment highly utilised in sheet metal forming with efficiency, stable quality and, what’s more, time & cost-saving features. The theory of sheet metal bending is to take advantage of the upper punch and lower die to extrude, transforming the flat sheet metal into stereoscopic and curly instead of removing any material.
The bending tool is comprised of an upper punch and lower die. The press brake punch and die shall be selected by the thickness and bending radii of the workpiece to lower the risk of collision between the upper punch and the workpiece.
The Bending Process in Sheet Metal
The bending type BLIKSEN belongs to – Air bending: air bending is commonly used in sheet metal workshops now. The bending methodology: bending blades press down sheet metal to V die, which is fixed on the bending press, and then makes the sheet metal form to be solid shapes with the requested angle. Furthermore, when the bending blade, namely the upper die, processes the bending operation, the distance between the upper die and the V die must be greater than the material thickness.
The materials widely used for bending operation include Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Brass, Copper, and Specialized Alloys.
The suggestive bending thickness from BLIKSEN will be Min.1mm to Max.6mm. However, there will be dissimilated restrictions for different thicknesses and different materials. The Technical dep. will recommend the precise bending approach after evaluating the drawings from clients. Welcome to leave an inquiry for the further complete solution.
Our Sheet Metal Service For Which Industries and Products
Sheet metal bending is widely used in all professions and trades, including piping systems, industrial systems, machinery, component, architecture, etc. Custom bending sheet metal plays a decisive role in the following industries:
- Plastic injection machines
- Machine tools
- Power distribution boxes
- Automated optical inspection equipment (AOI)
- Liquid crystal display equipment
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Solar cell-related equipment
- Clean rooms for manufacturing
- Medical equipment
- Servers/communication equipment racks / Rack
Our Sheet Metal Bending Feature
Automatic Bending Equipment
24 hours operation, automated operation, improving production capacity.
Installation of safety sensor device
To ensure the safety of our workers, all the machines are equipped with safety sensors. If a body part were to enter the processing range, the machine would stop working immediately.
Bending Simulation System
Before bending, we use the bending simulation software to determine the bending level to assess whether there will be any bending interference. Processing will begin after adjusting this information
- Pressurizing capacity: 350tonf
- Processing length: from 1000 mm to 4000 mm
- Remarks: Processing outside the manufacturing range can be manufactured by a consignment company. Please feel free to contact us.
Sheet Metal Bending Equipment Info
Robotic Bending System
AMADA HG1003ARs Robotic Bending System
- Robotic arm and conveyor belt operation：24 hrs and unmanned operation improves production capacity.
- Automatic mold change / multiple fixtures：Shorten the diversified product processing time.
- Angle sensing device / X axis positioning gauge：auxiliary confirmation of the Robotic arm’s bending angle and the workpiece positioning to fulfill zero error processing.
- Automatic mold change：Shorten the diversified product processing time.
- Angle sensor：Assist operators to confirm the angle and thickness of plates to fulfill high precision processing.
AMADA HDS SERIES
- Entire 3D bending drawings and data
- Tracking device for large-sized workpiece