Today, the energy industry is facing unprecedented challenges and changes. Since fossil fuels, such as coal and oil, contribute to climate change, renewable energy sources have begun to take over fossil fuels' role in the energy industry. This is where the Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) comes into play. Equipment that stores renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind, releases the energy when needed.
Batteries, racks, and chargers are assembled into energy storage enclosures indoors (NEMA 1 or 12) or outdoors (NEMA 3R). The equipment enclosures can be customized to meet needs in various industries, including construction, events, utilities, residential and commercial remote off-grid, and electric vehicle charging stations.
Which manufacturer Should I Contact for Custom Enclosures?
Appearance and material are the most basic features of an enclosure. An enclosure's durability is just as important as its appearance. What should we look for when selecting a manufacturer to customize the enclosure? It is recommended to have sheet metal manufacturers design, fabricate, and assemble custom enclosures.
Metal processing cabinets not only look great but are also durable and robust. In addition to looking visually appealing, sheet metal design should ensure that the process is simple, durable, aesthetic, and accurate. These advantages make sheet metal processing cabinets so popular.
Enclosure, Cabinet, and Box Designs
Generally, energy storage cabinets consist of enclosures, brackets, various switches on the panel, and indicator lights. The enclosures are usually made of stainless steel, which has a high hardness. They are mainly used to protect the outdoor cabinet's internal components. The brackets are used primarily to attach the motherboard, power supply, and drives.
Consider the following questions before starting the design process to ensure that the cabinets meet your needs. Manufacturers will be able to plan sheet metal fabrication based on a better understanding of the design.
- Where will the cabinets be located? Indoors or outdoors?
- What electronic devices and components will be installed inside the enclosure?
- How durable does the enclosure need to be?
Steps to Follow When Designing Sheet Metal Cabinets
- Select the right sheet metal type and thickness: The first step in designing a custom cabinet or enclosure is choosing the type and thickness used for its construction. A wide range of sheet metal materials is available, each with unique characteristics that make it suitable for particular applications.
- Identify the bending method and bend radius: Sheet metal cabinets and enclosures are made by bending the sheet metal with a folder. Due to the difficulty of bending sheet metal to a true 90-degree angle, the bending angle is usually curved. The degree of angle will vary depending on the tool and the bending parameters. Sheet metal manufacturers will set the appropriate parameters for the cabinet or enclosure to bend in the required bend radius. For more information on sheet metal bending, please visit the Sheet Metal Bending page.
- Choose the appropriate welding method: Welding is the next step after bending a single metal sheet. Cabinets or enclosures assembled by welding are stronger and more waterproof. For more information about welding sheet metal, please visit the "Welding Assembly Process" page.
BLIKSEN has designed and manufactured cabinets, enclosures, and equipment in various fields over the years and has extensive experience in sheet metal fabrication. The production process includes laser cutting, bending, welding, machining, grinding, and powder coating to produce precision machined metal parts. Furthermore, we provide assembly and purchase of commercial parts, as well as a reliable storage management system for proper material management.
We have extensive experience manufacturing equipment enclosures for semiconductors, tooling, automation control, plastic injection, and other industries. If you are looking for energy storage enclosures and cabinet fabricators, please contact us via the Instant Quoting page. For more information about enclosure manufacturing, please visit the "Sheet Metal Enclosure" page.